Personal Injury Legal Assistant
We are assisting a North Dallas law firm in their search for a Legal Assistant to support attorneys in a General Civil Litigation & Trial Practice. To be considered, you must have experience in Plaintiff Personal Injury/Wrongful Death cases and have experience assisting Shareholders and Associates in all aspects of cases, from inception through closure. Duties will include:
- Draft/edit pleadings, discovery requests, discovery responses, and correspondence.
- Organize client files; organize materials for discovery responses and coordinate voluminous document productions.
- File pleadings with various courts.
- Schedule and attend hearings, depositions, mediations, and client meetings.
- Obtain records under affidavit, via subpoena, and via open records requests.
- Prepare deposition and medical summaries.
- Interaction with clients, co-counsel, opposing counsel, witnesses, expert witnesses, court personnel.
- Calendar/docket coordination.
- Assist with all aspects of trial preparation, including preparation of trial notebooks and exhibits.
- Track billable time and draft invoices accordingly.
Please send your resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.