We are assisting an Uptown client who is seeking a 5+ year Legal Secretary with Litigation and/or Corporate (Transactional) experience. A self-starter who desires to show ownership and commitment to the job and has well developed analytical and problem-solving skills. Ideal candidate will possess excellent organizational, communication and computer skills. Must have the ability to work independently as well as work harmoniously and effectively with others. Thorough knowledge of legal terminology and excellent Word and Excel skills required. Typing 60+. This is an evening shift, 4:30 p.m. – 12:00 a.m.
- Type, format, edit and finalize documents, including correspondence, charts, motions, briefs, pleadings, memoranda, etc.
- Organize court filings, clerical functions and work flow
- Input attorney daily time through Time Billing System and consolidate and edit time to ensure accuracy of input
- Coordinate travel arrangements for attorneys and clients as well as maintain travel expenses
- Process and distribute incoming and outgoing deliveries
- Coordinate conferences, meetings, and appointments for attorneys and clients including conference room scheduling and service of food
- Coordinate legal work through word processing, editing, communications and messenger services for the prompt production and delivery of documents
- Obtain cases from the library and make copies if necessary
- Process new client/matter reports, expense reports
- Prepare notebooks and exhibits
- Transcribe and revise tapes
Qualified candidates submit resumes to:
email@example.com Job #10166