Insurance Defense Paralegal
A thriving Austin law firm is searching for an experienced Paralegal to join their team.
A successful candidate will have at least 5 years of insurance defense litigation experience.
Essential Job Functions include:
- Review and analyze pleadings, contracts, and discovery
- Maintain calendar and case docketing system
- Prepare draft pleadings, motions, deposition notices, discovery requests, responses and objections
- Prepare correspondence, status reports, and pre-mediation and pre-trial reports for clients
- Prepare attorneys for hearings, depositions, mediations, and trials including notebooks
- Review and summarize depositions
- Review medical chronologies and medical expense recaps
- Perform legal research and interpret local, state, and federal laws, statutes and case law
- Meet with clients and expert witnesses
- E-file legal documents, initiate and monitor record orders, prepare draft subpoenas and depositions
- Prepare draft jury charges, witness lists and exhibit lists
- Attend pre-trial and trials and assist with voir dire and exhibits.
Additional Qualification Requirements:
- 5+ years of insurance defense litigation
- Bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal certificate
- Experience working with Word, Excel and Adobe Pro
- Experience with billing and ABA task codes
To be considered, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org